Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Exposing Myself - Creating My Comic Book

My original intentions for this blog were to push and promote. 'Push' as in pushing me to get work done, because an empty blog is a sad blog and to promote some interest in what I was attempting to do with my creative output these days. Some events of my personal life have crept in to the blog and that's okay, but I am going to try and focus on the work more. This entry is an example.

I am in the process of writing a comic book. The book's final form, I don't know at this point. Self-published? If necessary. I am interested in putting as much of the process out there as it's created. Some of my fellow artists think it's a little nuts. I will try to be cautious of spoilers for the one or two people who might actually read the damn thing when it's done.

That said, I have been working on the script now for a few months in between other projects, like getting the Cafepress Burning City store up and running and getting ready for Wizard World. Well, those things are functioning or done and while there are always other distractions I am going to make the comic book a priority.

I would like to treat this like the ongoing production diary of a movie. Show the process, it's pitfalls, it's triumphs and, ultimately, how a project like this gets done. Or not.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home