Saturday, July 22, 2006

Late night with Cafepress

12 days, 19 hours, 27 minutes.

That's how much time there is left until the Wizard World convention as I write this entry. Last night was a classic '10 minutes to the deadline' evening, as Alex and I raced to get a t-shirt order into Cafepress while we still had a 20% discount Shopkeeper sale going on. Man, am I learning on the fly with this one. Things that seem obvious in hindsight are totally opaque to me as I try to build the Burning City webstore. We learned the hard way that you currently can't print on the back of the black t-shirts. Not a big deal unless you are planning to put your brand and copyright notices on the back and not on the front design. Aargh.

Anyway, we now have some shirt samples and more are on the way. I've learned that I need to trust the Cafepress mantra - 'What you see on the screen is what you get". Almost all of the artwork I have done so far has been too light and subtle in the detail department. I get it now. Really, I do.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ray Frenden said...

I've sold a few shirts but never ordered any myself. I was pretty dissapointed in their quality. Has tweaking the color settings helped?

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys should look into Spreadshirt for your merch. They have a much better color selection and not all of the issues with the black t-shirts

10:24 AM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Amanda, I'll look into it.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home