Monday, August 13, 2007

Wizzie World ChiTown-style 2007


Tricia Helfer of Battlestar Galactica

To be honest, I went to the convention in Chicago this year for one thing and one thing only. To meet Tricia Helfer of BSG. Number 6.

She was great. After many hours of signing everything people put before her and sitting for every photo possible, she was still the sweetest, charming young lass from Alberta that one could ask for. And yes, she's that tall and that beautiful in person.


Alex Wald manning our Artists Alley table

Oh yeah, I was in Artists Alley, too. Alex and I were hawking our wares with Alex being the much more successful one. Things are looking up lately for Alex. He is the colorist on a new Star Wars book, among many other things.


Bill Reinhold


Alex, Linda Lessmann, and Leanna


Leanna's New Tattoo (she designed it herself)


Linda Lessmann


Mike McCormick, formerly of First Comics

Mike was my BSG pal at the con. He was kind enough to wait in line me for Tricia Helfer's autograph. And if you have ever waited in line with me, you know what a sacrifice that was. Thank you Mike.


Serena Guerra

Serena and Jeff were at the table next to Bill and Linda, along with fellow artist, Dave Kovacs, and were part of our little Alley community.


Dave Kovacs


Lydia Burris

Lydia made the rounds of the tables like a trooper. New to comics and the big city, she is taking on comic books with her own work. Her enthusiasm reminds me of Willow Dawson.


Black Canary and Batgirl

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Charlie! Thats my kid, her tattoo, and my wife on your blog!
Cool!
It was nice seeing you guys at the show and wonderful that you watched our tables so we could eat food:-).
Your a good neighbor!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

And you're there too, Bill! Just really, really small. It's always good to have you and your family as tablemates. It makes for a much more enjoyable experience.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

Charlie, the picture below me is not of my boyfriend, Jeff Castaneda, it's a picture of Dave Kovacs, another awesome illustrator, whose table was to the right of mine. My boyfriend was out on the floor when you took the pictures and not at my table.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Thank you, Serena!

All fixed. That was one of many mistakes I have made on this post and I'm sure there are many more. My apologies to everyone in advance.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where did you get your cotume from?!! i need one exactly likeit for halloween, please help! and ill love you forever =]

8:36 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Wow, that Batgirl costume is shiny! I'm making a Batgirl costume for a DC Halloween Group for 2008 - any idea what material was used for that costume?

11:14 AM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Well, Em, I believe you're lookin' at good old PVC rubber. That's what makes it so shiny. And flexible. And form-fitting.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home