Monday, June 25, 2007

One Hot Wedding

I took a break from comic books and had a great weekend. My sister, Elaine, got married to Dan this past Saturday in Jackson, Mississippi. It was 102º.


Mr. Daniel Ferguson and Mrs. Elaine Strickland Ferguson.

It was really great to see almost all of my immediate family in one place. With the exception of my father, who was too ill to travel, everyone was there. My sister was beaming as a beautiful bride and her groom was absolutely giddy. My nephews and niece have all grown into smart, decent, warm adults and their kids are marvelous. And as much as I give the South some grief when I visit, this time really reminded me of a lot of the good aspects of growing up in the South. People really are friendly and courteous and there is a slower pace that can remind you to look around and appreciate your family and friends. All in all, a really good weekend.


They got hitched in a little chapel that was originally built in the 1800's.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home