Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ralph the Punk (1985)

Wow. Very weird, but not unexpected these days. My video that was created with Johnie Horn in 1985 has appeared on YouTube via EVL. 4 bit color, ZGrass animation language, digitally scanned referenced footage from shooting a monitor with a video camera and converting that to digital. Wow. Flash from the past.

It's a little truncated on the front and Johnie's cool credits are missing, but that's a lot to ask for a video made 23 years ago.



The song, Hot Monkey Love, was written, produced and performed by Brian Messiah and myself, along with Byron Smith engineering. That's Lori B Jones on narrating at the front of the track and me squawking on the rest of it.

This video opened a lot of doors for me in the world of computer graphics. A big thanks goes out to Johnie, Sally and the EVL family.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ray Frenden said...

That's fucking great! One can't do anything without it finding them on the tubes. So, Ralph's head was drawn frame by frame?

7:47 AM  
Blogger aleX wald said...

Jeez! I don't think I've ever seen more than a few stills from this! The video was originally shown in bars and rock clubs in the south, right? I've sometimes wondered if the Flaming Carrot was inspired by Ralph.Weird... Congrats on bringing this back into the light, Charlie!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home